martes, 29 de julio de 2014

A BIG WELCOME

Dear all,

Welcome to BEA-Utiful Kitchen.

My name is Beatriz. Bea for friends. I've been living in London for over two years. I am a script writer, writer and professional dreamer. Why and how I got to this great city long ago... is another story, which you can find on my other blog "Bea & The City" (only in Spanish, my mother tongue).

Over a year I have been thinking the idea of ​​creating this blog. My friends, who I continually cook for, have encouraged me. I'm no master chef, I'm just someone who likes to cook and eat well. But mostly, I am someone with very little money to survive in London. I've managed to eat well at home for less than 10-15 pounds a week. I swear.

Lack of money sharpens your wits. My slogan is "Fast, Cheap & Easy". I think it is a good idea for people interested in the culinary world to access my "wisdom" gained in this time, which has been for me a real economic meltdown.

Maybe you will wonder if the recipes are originally mine. My answer: I have not idea... I think I take things from here and there and adapt them to my tastes and needs. You will see that I use a lot of frozen and canned, cheaper and faster to cook products. The onion does not exist in my recipes because I do not like it ONE BIT ... but that does not mean you may not be able to use it if you love it ... (aaaargh!!) The challenge is to cook each dish with 5-6 pounds maximum spending and with leftovers for a few days for you or food for 4 people.

My natural environment being audiovisual, I cannot think of anything better to do than a video blog. With my "associate" & friend Eva Nieto, we could continue recording and unleashing our creativity, this time focusing on a cooking show. I've always wanted to be a writer in a programme where I could eat the recipe of the day... Yummy… So, I've created my own programme.

Besides the recipes I would tell you the ingredients and alternatives and also supermarkets / markets where you can find the most fitting options for your pocket.

Up soon my first recipe: Couscous Salad.

I hope you like it and find this blog to be helpful and inspiring to eat well and for very little. It is not so difficult, really. Only pasta and rice is not the solution...

Thank you so much!

B.

(¡¡Y ahora en español!!) 



Hola a todos,

Bienvenidos a BEA-Utiful Kitchen.

Mi nombre es Beatriz. Bea para los amigos. Llevo en Londres viviendo más de dos años. Soy guionista, escritora y soñadora profesional. Por qué y cómo llegué hasta esta gran ciudad es otra historia que podéis descubrir en mi otro blog "Bea & The City" (aunque sólo en español, mi lengua materna).

Hace más de un año que llevo en la cabeza con la idea de crear este blog. Mis amigos, a los que les cocino continuamente, me han animado. No soy ningún máster chef, soy tan solo alguien a quien le gusta cocinar y comer bien. Pero sobre todo, soy alguien con muy poco dinero sobreviviendo en Londres. He logrado comer bien en mi casa por menos de 10-15 libras a la semana. Lo juro.

La falta de dinero te hace agudizar el ingenio. Mi lema es “Rápido, Fácil & Barato”.  Me parece buena idea que personas interesadas en el mundo de la cocina puedan acceder a mi “sabiduría” adquirida en este tiempo que para mí ha supuesto una autentica debacle económica.

A lo mejor os preguntareis si las recetas son originales mías. Mi respuesta: no lo tengo muy claro… creo que ido cogiendo ideas de aquí y de allí y adaptándolas a mis gustos y necesidades. Veréis que uso mucho producto congelado y enlatado, más barato y rápido. La cebolla no existe en mis recetas porque no me gusta NADA… pero eso no significa que vosotros no podáis utilizarla si os encanta… (aaaargh!!) El reto es cocinar cada plato gastando como máximo 5-6 Libras para su elaboración y en cantidades que sobre comida para varios días (o bien para 4 comensales).

Siendo el mundo audiovisual mi medio natural, no se me ocurrió nada mejor que hacer un video-blog. De paso con mi “socia” Eva Nieto podríamos seguir grabando y dando rienda suelta a nuestra creatividad, está vez enfocadas en un programa de cocina. ¡¡Siempre he querido ser guionista en un programa así!! Me imaginaba comiendo después la receta del día… Mmmmm… Así que, me he creado el mío propio.

Aparte de las recetas os contaré alternativas en los ingredientes y en que supermercados/ mercados podéis encontrar las opciones más económicas para vuestro bolsillo.

En breve mi primera receta: Cuscús Salad.

Espero que os guste y sobre todo que este blog sea útil y os inspire a comer bien por muy poco. No es tanto esfuerzo, de verdad. Sólo pasta y el arroz no es la solución…

¡¡Muchas gracias!!

B.


Jamie Oliver no mola. Arguiñano es mi pastor, nada me falta.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario